Boys & Girls Clubs of Southwest Washington is seeking qualified candidates for a full-time, year-round College Prep Mentor.
Connecting with 35-40 teens in a positive, intentional, college-focused mentoring relationship as a part of the College Prep Program at Boys & Girls Clubs of Southwest Washington.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities)
Prepare Youth for Success
- Create an environment that facilitates the achievement of Youth Development Outcomes:
- promote and encourage program participation.
- provide guidance and role modeling to members.
- provide clear rules and expectations to ensure a safe environment.
- Effectively develop positive mentor/mentee relationships with teens.
- Monitor and evaluate programs, services and activities to ensure safety of members, quality programs and appearance of the Club at all times.
- Record & submit accurate notes of mentoring meetings, College Prep workshops and College Prep related field trips, daily participation figures, other outcome measurement tools, notable achievements and any problems and issues on a weekly basis.
- Maintain up-to-date records of College Prep and Penguin Promise activities and assignments.
- Develop curriculum and facilitate workshops around academic success and career exploration.
- Plan and supervise college visits with program participants.
Outreach and Retention
- Coordinate with other Boys & Girls Clubs staff to plan and implement the recruitment of youth at local middle and high schools.
- Maintain relationships with College Prep participants to retain their enrollment within College Prep and Boys & Girls Clubs.
Supervision and Safety
- Ensure a productive work environment by participating in weekly staff meetings.
- Maintain and implement safety expectations and rules, whilst in Club environment.
- Maintain up-to-date and thorough records of member incidents, guidance and discipline.
- May participate or organize special program and/or events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- May include evening and weekend events and field trips.
For complete information about this job and to apply, visit https://boys-girls-clubs-of-southwest-washington.hiringthing.com/